Here’s what you can do to protect yourself:
- Always use the passcode lock on all your devices.
- Install mobile security software to protect against viruses.
- Don’t store sensitive information — passwords, social security numbers, etc. — on your mobile device.
- Be careful when downloading apps. They may harbor viruses or malware. And of course, watch for phishing.
- Download phone and app updates.
- Don’t conduct banking transactions on public Wi-Fi. It’s not always secure. Disable Wi-Fi and use your mobile network instead.
- Always log out from a banking session, let us know if you change your number or lose your device, and notify us immediately if you suspect fraud on your account.
- Wipe your mobile device before you donate, sell or trade it using specialized software or using the manufacturers recommended technique. Some software allows you to wipe your device remotely if lost or stolen.
- Notify your financial institution immediately if you change your phone number or lose your mobile device.