Register for CardValet Today
To get started, simply download the CardValet® app from Google Play or the App Store. Once the app is downloaded, launch the app and select the New User button.
Step 1 — Enter Card Information
- Card number
- Security code
- Card expiration
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
Step 2 — Verify Acceptance
Step 3 — Create Your Account
- Create username and password
- Enter email
After logging in, you can view your registered debit cards, account balances and the total amount spent on your cards each month right from the Accounts Screen.
How to Turn Your Cards Off
When your card is ON, transactions are allowed in accordance with your control settings. When the card is OFF, no purchases or withdrawals are approved. This control can be used to disable a lost or stolen card.
- Select the On/Off toggle to turn card on or off
- Confirm changes
- Review card status: Green = On; Red = Off
Additional Features & Settings
From the Card Details screen, you can adjust the settings on your debit card.
- Select locations where you want to allow in-store purchases with your debit card
- Select merchant types where you would like to allow or deny in-store purchases with your debit card
- Set up notifications that will be sent to you each time your debit card is used
- View a list of your recent debit card transactions
- Set a threshold policy that denies debit card transactions above a specified amount
- View linked accounts
* Please note CardValet® settings do not override the security settings and dollar limits put in place by the bank, including the list of restricted countries, especially when travelling outside of your normal location.
CardValet Frequently Asked Questions
- What is CardValet and what features can I enable?
CardValet is an app which allows you to control and monitor your Bath Savings debit card transactions. You can view transactions, set alerts, “turn off” your debit card if you’ve lost it (this will decline any attempted transactions), and set locations where the card can be used. Please note that ATM cards cannot be linked to your CardValet app.
- What types of phones are supported?
CardValet can be downloaded onto Apple and Android devices from the App or Google Play store. The app can be used with the most current versions of iPhones and Androids, as well as the previous two generations of each phone.
- How do I access CardValet?
Once you’ve downloaded CardValet, you can launch the app from your Apple or Android device. You must register by creating a Username and Password. Passwords must be at least 8 characters in length and contain at least one number, one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one special character.
- What information do I enter to register my card?
You will be prompted to enter the card number, expiration date, and CVV/CVC code as well as the address associated with the card. As an additional security measure, you will be prompted to provide an emailed code, the last four digits of the cardholder’s SSN, or the amount of a purchase made in the past 72 hours using the PIN associated with your card.
- Can I add more than one card?
Yes, you can add as many Bath Savings cards as you’d like. Choose “Settings – Add Card”.
- What type of alerts can I set up?
If you choose to set up alerts for your card, you can choose to be notified when: your account falls below a certain balance, an international transaction is attempted, or when a transaction is denied.
- How quickly will I receive an alert?
Alerts are sent in real time so you will receive a message immediately after a transaction has taken place, or has been attempted and declined.
- How does the “My Location” feature work?
When you enroll in CardValet the cell phone you first log in with will be considered your Primary Device (if you choose to use CardValet from multiple devices you will assign one of them as the Primary Device). When you use your linked card to make an in-person purchase, CardValet will identify the location of your primary device and check to ensure the merchant where the purchase is taking place is within a 5 mile radius of where the device is located. If the transaction is outside of this range, it may be denied.
If your phone has been turned off for more than 1 hour, CardValet will ignore the “My Location” rule.
- Can I alert the bank of travel plans through CardValet?
No, if you will be traveling, please continue to contact the bank by calling 1-800-447-4559, or your local branch, to alert us of your plans.
- What types of transactions can I see through the app?
You will see a list of the last 50 card-based transactions that posted to your account in the previous 30 days. This list will not include transactions such as cleared checks and Teller deposits/withdrawals. Your current balance will reflect all activity in your account.
- What does it mean to “turn off” my debit card?
If your card has become lost or stolen, you can “turn off” your debit card within CardValet. This means that any new transactions associated with this card number will be denied. Turning off a card does not affect previously authorized transactions (such as a recurring gym membership authorized through your debit card).
- If I receive a reissued or replacement debit card, do I need to update the card in CardValet?
Yes, if any information on the card has changed, you will need to add your reissued/replacement card as a new card within your app. You may then delete your old card, if you wish.
- How long does the app stay logged in if my session is inactive?
You will be automatically logged out of the app if you have not used it within 10 minutes.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about CardValet?
Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-447-4559 and we’ll be happy to assist you!